Friday, August 15, 2008

Vacation!

So, we've been home from the beach for six days and I'm finally posting some pictures. Somehow, I've never had as much difficulty readjusting after a vacation but the laundry is finished now and there's just a few more things to put away.

We spent last week in Folly Beach, SC with Ryan's family and extended family. We went into Charleston a few times and did a lot of relaxing at the beach. Elle especially enjoyed playing in the sand and water, riding the slide at the water park, a horse and carriage ride, her bed on the floor, and playing with her castle toy wherever she went. Elle also learned how to fly a kite for the first time.

Elle has her toys and chips. All set for the beach.

Elle and Ryan testing the waters

Elle finally decided to ride the water slide.

Riding on the carriage with Ryan's cousin Kelly

Flying a kite like a pro!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Loks like a fun trip. I notice the pacifier is still around.......

Shanda said...

Yeah. We were with Ryan's family that we don't see that often. I had to let her have whatever she wanted. I didn't want them to think that I just made her cry all the time.

Mandy Cunniff said...

Ryan is 3.5 and still sucks his thumb. He stopped for about 2 weeks and then started up again. He now has a huge blister and even that hasn't made him stop. And I can't throw his thumb away even. Braces are in our future for sure.

Stacy said...

Okay, I have not been getting your updates! I feel so behind. I am glad you had fun at the beach. See you soon.